Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited, 3.6R, Abyss Blue
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is their an easier way to change a low beam headlight bulb than having to remove the front wheel and take off the entire inner wheel well fender lining?!? I love my 2011 Outback 3.6R but this is rediculous to have to go to such lengths to replace a drivers side low beam headlight bulb. I may have to take it to the dealer for something that should be so simple. Ugh! Any advise is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
158 Posts
I see where several people remove the front bumper and then the headlight to get the job done.
sure seems strange they would make it so hard when you should be able to just get er done in some parking lot of an auto parts store

·
Registered
15 Posts
Headlight Bulb Replacement

If we stop buying subaru for this kind of design, I am sure Subaru will change its mind. I have never seen any auto manufacture design headlight replacement it this way. I am OK with it because I pay what I get.:28:

·
Registered
1993 Legacy LSi with still functioning Air Suspension, 1999 Outback 2.5L 5MT lab Rat
191 Posts
how many miles? headlamps are covered by the manuafacturer 36mo/36K bumper to bumper warranty

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
Is their an easier way to change a low beam headlight bulb than having to remove the front wheel and take off the entire inner wheel well fender lining?!? I love my 2011 Outback 3.6R but this is rediculous to have to go to such lengths to replace a drivers side low beam headlight bulb. I may have to take it to the dealer for something that should be so simple. Ugh! Any advise is much appreciated.
Not sure what you mean by "removing the front wheel". I changed both my low beam bulbs and I certainly didn't remove the wheels, I just reached around them. Taking the wheel lining out is easy, you just pry out a bunch of pop connectors. Takes just a couple minutes. I've done it three times already and my car is less than 3 months old.

The hard part is reaching your hand up inside the car to install the new bulb without touching it. With your arm up there, you can't really see what you're doing. It would be much easier if the bulb locked in by turning it, but this bulb uses a clip to hold it. As mentioned in other threads, it's easy to clip the bulb in while it's not fully seated.

So yes, it's a PITA, but not because of the wheel lining. And yes, it's a ridicules design.

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
"I've done it three times already and my car is less than 3 months old."

That seems ridicules too.

Jeff
Another valuable contribution to the forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts