Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5 Limited w ES. Tungsten.
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I am only one asking questions :)

One or two more:

Canadian 2019 Outback Limited 2.5i with Eyesight.

- Do we have the usual Canadian daylight running lights that come on automatically regardless of light switch setting?
- what is difference between the =D , =DD= and AUTO positions?

For the high beam assist. Do I have to push turn lever forward so high beams are on and then use AUTO or how do I do it?

OR, just to keep things simple - How do y'all set YOUR light switch on Legacy/Outback for every-day and every- night driving?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premier
27 Posts
I just set the lights on Auto and for high beams push the lever forward they will adjust automatically depending on the oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just set the lights on Auto and for high beams push the lever forward they will adjust automatically depending on the oncoming traffic.
Thanks for answering! Nobody else did!

Might seems like a basic question, but it is not easy to know what your lights are doing when you are behind the wheel ;) And our Canadian cars are probably different from the US models.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premier
27 Posts
Thanks for answering! Nobody else did!

Might seems like a basic question, but it is not easy to know what your lights are doing when you are behind the wheel ;) And our Canadian cars are probably different from the US models.
Lots to learn with the OB the auto light function works quite well. The high beam setting works although you have to be out in the country side to see it work. Even streetlights will stop the high beams from coming but they do dip when vehicles approach or when coming up on the back of a vehicle in front.

Other than trim names I don't see when the US models would be that different but again I don't know for sure.

One thing is certain there seems to be a lot of drivers who confuse Daytime running lights with turning on their lights on. I see vehicles every time I go out that are dark at the back.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than trim names I don't see when the US models would be that different but again I don't know for sure.

One thing is certain there seems to be a lot of drivers who confuse Daytime running lights with turning on their lights on. I see vehicles every time I go out that are dark at the back.
Do US spec Subarus have Daytime Running Lights?

You are right about DRL in Canada. I see a lot of cars with no tail lights. It seems to me that the tail lights should come on once it gets dark. I think our Mercedes does that. But I see a lot of cars, often around dusk with no rear lights on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts