Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered during my recent headlight replacement that the socket/cord assembly for my headlight was torched. About 2 years ago I broke the plastic clip that held the retainer clip in place and used some hardening clay to reman a clip. Worked great til recently it looks like.

Long story short, Subaru has the part-- 84981AJ15A, but it is the harness for the entire assembly. Anyone know if I can buy just the wiring for this singular socket? I tried Amazon and the socket found there was a very poor fit.

Subaru part:
2013 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5L CVT Cord assembly, head lamp unit. Lh. Electrical - 84981AJ15A - Genuine Subaru Part

Im thinking I just need to buy the whole assembly but it feels like such a waste of money.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ordered a new headlight from Ebay and the headlight had the wiring harness in and good to go, so no need to buy a separate harness. Woo-hoo!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts