Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know there are more discussions about these parts than what type oil is better...My wife has the Subaru 2005 OBack in our family. Her lights are getting the dreaded haze on the lenses. Thinking If I am to replace them and spend $ in any case. Anyone have a hook on one that would be an upgrade from the stockers? An upgrade...I don't have to put in the oven? lol How about LED Brakers? Anyone know of any with more "Hello Punch" on either heads or rears. She drives in some heavy rain storms as we are in Florida now. Thanks to anyone that offers help here. I am a lifetime Jeep Wrangler guy so have little knowledge in this forum. Much appreciated:29:

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts

·
Registered
2001 VDC Wagon
202 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Limited, Black Silica
383 Posts
I used "Mother's headlight restoration kit" on my wifes 05 Passat that was getting really foggy. The result is quite surprising, almost like new again.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
You can get a lens restoration kit from any auto part store, WalMart, etc.

Rather dull and tedious, but for $20 or so, they work well.

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '18 Subi Forester
1,757 Posts
I've been using Meguiar's Cleaner Wax on my lenses with a microfiber cloth every 6 months or so. Wipe on, rub a bit, wipe off the haze. There are some deeper imperfections that you cannot fix this way, but it's cheap and effective, and they look like your average 3 year old lamps and not going on 12 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts