Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 Subaru Outback Wagon.

So I having been running with my highbeams for at least a year because I must be getting old and can't see at night with just the low beams.

BUT...the weird thing is that not one car has flashed their lights at me which makes me think the headlights must not be aligned and might be the cause of not being able to see too well with the low beams.

I thought there was no adjustments on the headlights...any clue as to what may be going on?

·
Registered
335 Posts
theres most certainly adjustments on the headlights. from one extreme to the other they can be adjusted close to 1.5' up/down when about 5-6' back from a garage door

·
Registered
16,284 Posts
I must be getting old and can't see at night with just the low beams.
What's the condition of the plastic lens over the headlights? On many cars, these "clear" covers become dull, perhaps due to wear from dust, or the effects of the sun's rays, or pollutants. When this happens, they lose they're clarity, and light passing through is more scattered rather than heading out in front in a specific pattern. If your's aren't clear, try dealing with that before adjusting the headlight alignment.

Most parts stores and others with an automotive section have headlight lens polishing solutions, and complete kits. (It's a very common situation.) They're worth a try. Also, there are"how-to" threads here in the "do-it-yourself" sub-forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
plain OM
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing