Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
02 2.5 auto Outback Wagon "Limited"
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pop the headlights on, the dash lights are supposed to dim, but instead the shut off entirely. The Fuse is ok, is there a dimmer module somewhere that's gone out?

Thanks

·
Registered
2009 2.5i, H4, Auto.
842 Posts
I'm not sure about your year, but the 3rd gen cars have a dimmer dial, located on the left side of the dash, near the traction control button and mirror controls. I would see if you can find the dimmer in your car and adjust it.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,040 Posts
I'm not sure about your year, but the 3rd gen cars have a dimmer dial, located on the left side of the dash, near the traction control button and mirror controls. I would see if you can find the dimmer in your car and adjust it.
Second gens the dimmer is on the turn signal stalk.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not an adjustment. The car has been in the same state for about 5 years. One day, the lights just stopped coming on.

The Check Engine lights and the Shift indicator light are on. All other lights throughout the car are off, even the seat warmer buttons.

Turn the headlights off, and it all comes back up.

So, could this be the stalk that's shorting?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
18,421 Posts
The module is at connector B43, (see the wiring diagram attached in the linked thread) which does appear to be in that central area (see the bulkhead diagram attached here).

Also, in the attached bulkhead diagram, neighboring (if the diagram is to scale) connector B93 is the security control module, which might provide a reference.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts