Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both headlights(lows) on my 13 outback are not working. My girlfriend that drives the car daily didn't even know they were out because i guess the fog lights are bright enough for her to see, and she doesn't drive at night too often. I was in it the other night and thought something was a little off, so I switched off the foglights, and sure enough it was just dark.

I took a look and the bulbs both looked burnt out. I got new ones, installed them in a jif and to my disappointment still no light. I then checked the fuses under the dash, all looked good. Switched the hi and lo h/l relays and the high beams still worked, no lows. Switching the headlights on does make a noticeable sound if you listen carefully, just like clicking on and off the high beams(so I assume the headlight switch is good?).

I suppose my next move is to go poking around with a volt meter, but I dont have much experience with vehicle elecricity/wiring. Anyone have any ideas of what my next few steps should be to troubleshoot the problem further? Any help would be appreciated! I do have a pdf fsm but find it very hard to navigate through and find anything.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts