Subaru Outback Forums banner

headrest pillow suggestions?

1152 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ronemus
I have a 15 Outback Limited 2.5L - new preowned for me. my last car was a volvo - had a relatively thin pillow from volvo that goes over the headrest to give it softness that made a significant difference. I actually like the outback drivers seat overall except the hardness of the headrest (leather). I'm not looking for a neck pillow or lower back etc. Just something to make the hard leather headrest less hard/softer. thanks for any suggestions. searched a lot online and found nothing but neck pillows galore.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
'19 Outback Touring 3.6R
268 Posts
I went to my local Goodwill store and bought four random knit hats that were nice and thick. I put them over my headrests and used big safety pins (front to back of hats, not into my leather!) to hold them into place.

I think it kind of adds to the outdoorsy look. Our rocker panels are supposed to look like the soles of hiking boots!

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 15 Outback Limited 2.5L - new preowned for me. my last car was a volvo - had a relatively thin pillow from volvo that goes over the headrest to give it softness that made a significant difference. I actually like the outback drivers seat overall except the hardness of the headrest (leather). I'm not looking for a neck pillow or lower back etc. Just something to make the hard leather headrest less hard/softer. thanks for any suggestions. searched a lot online and found nothing but neck pillows galore.

cowsquishmallow.shop
Does anyone have a recommendation for headrest neck support pillows? I find that the regular leather headrest isn't very comfortable when I have the seat reclined for the occasional nap.

· Registered
'17 Outback 2.5i Premium
277 Posts
I just put the headrest high enough that I no longer touch it; the forward lean makes it poke me in an annoying way. I have no idea why the forward cant is there - it would only be needed if a tall person was driving with straight arms, thus leaning the seat way back. For most of us it's annoying to varying degrees. It's unclear why it's set up the way that it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts