Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new OB on Nov.30 couldn't drive much (got sick) today decided to check the air in the tires with a new Slime Gauge. I figure the tires would be low, they had 40 pounds of air in them, first thing I thought was a bad gauge, I went and bought another one, Slime, same reading 40 pounds. You might want to check your tires, Max.pressure is 44 pounds.

Just a heads up!!

·
Banned
2007 Outback XT Ltd
847 Posts
This is not at all unusual. They come (highly) overinflated for the long delivery from the factory, and the tech should have let the air pressure down to the correct amount. I would call up the dealer and let the service guy know. The only way they will stop this happening over and over is to discipline the tech who did it. He was taking short cuts..... and probably still is. I wonder what else he is not doing, and is signing off on a checklist...?

What air pressure did you set the tires to? I hope it was not 44 psi. Did you check the spare?

Those Slime gauges are pretty low quality. Walmart, right? They are OK to throw in your glovebox as a spare, but your car deserves a better made, more accurate one for routine use.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I did not check the spare.I'll get that tomorrow

32 psi front
30 psi rear
I went by the placquard on the door.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
My '13 OB was the same thing off the lot - it was the first thing I checked as soon as I got home and was about 39-41 at all wheels.

I imagine like John Davies said it's for the long delivery team and sitting on the lot for an undetermined time - they don't want to have to keep checking the pressure or inflating each wheel.

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
589 Posts
This is one of those things I would suggest checking before you even get into the car for a test drive. If you are deciding that you like how the car drives as part of the test drive, you might as well be testing it how it is recommended by the manufacturer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts