Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i think i have a dropping valve guide in the RH head of my 2003 subaru outback limited and i was looking into buying a reman head so i could quickly swap it out while i look into fixing the current head. The head i was going to buy is a L25 casting but mine is a Q25 casting. i was wondering what the difference is between these two heads and if i can use the L25 with my car.
thanks

·
Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,457 Posts
hi, i think i have a dropping valve guide in the RH head of my 2003 subaru outback limited and i was looking into buying a reman head so i could quickly swap it out while i look into fixing the current head. The head i was going to buy is a L25 casting but mine is a Q25 casting. i was wondering what the difference is between these two heads and if i can use the L25 with my car.
thanks
two different years versions, with probably the main difference being emission control stuff ( like compression ratio, cam specs, and maybe a port for the PVC valve in one and not the other.). Best to just look them over closely and compare the features.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts