Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring (Canadian Model) with Eyesight
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got my car back from the dealership for a warranty repair of the heated seat on the driver's side.

Today when I put the dog in the backseat I noticed a yellow cable at the bottom of the seat.

Is this the way a heated seat gets repaired?

Not sure if I like a cable stretched across the back of the seat portion due to the fact that boots will continue to hit this. I see that it's a wire protected by the yellow cable but this doesn't look professional to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
MY19 Outback 3.6R Premium
718 Posts
That's the seat's side airbag trigger cable. That should be going directly underneath the seat, not behind it. Someone didn't QA properly during reinstallation.

Should be easy to fix yourself (remove four seat bolts, tilt seat, fix cable position, bolt down again), but since it was work done, I would get them to fix it instead.

·
Registered
'19 Premium, 2.5
205 Posts
Yes, that's the airbag cable. It's a pain in the butt to go back, but have the dealership fix their inexcusably sloppy work. That's not an oversight, that's someone who literally doesn't know what they're doing (& didn't follow the FSM).

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the seat's side airbag trigger cable.

Should be easy to fix yourself (remove four seat bolts, tilt seat, fix cable position, bolt down again), but since it was work done, I would get them to fix it instead.
Yah, no. I'm not fixing this myself....

I've sent an email to the dealership service department with a photo.

Let's see what they say. Not impressed...

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premier 2.5i
1,696 Posts
What was the original issue? No heat at all or just not enough? My wife complains of not enough heat (passenger seat) when it's set to high, whereas I can just barely feel it on the lowest setting on the driver's seat. I was thinking to borrow a friend's infra red thermometer and go into the dealer armed with some numbers but haven't got around to it. I guess that's because I'm the one with the warm butt?

I think your "Touring ' is a Premier (not Premium, US model)?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Driver's side, bun warmer didn't work. Driver can feel it in the back but not the butt.

That's all fixed now except for the poor wiring job...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer returned my call just now. Apparently the service department thought that was the way they found it in the first place.

If I wanted to book an appointment they would tuck it under the velcro flap. I told them to forget it. If that's all they were going to do I would do it myself. And I did.

Sometimes you just have to wonder....

·
Registered
867 Posts
Dealer returned my call just now. Apparently the service department thought that was the way they found it in the first place.

If I wanted to book an appointment they would tuck it under the velcro flap. I told them to forget it. If that's all they were going to do I would do it myself. And I did.

Sometimes you just have to wonder....
Pretty sad, found that way or not, if your in there correct it if it's wrong.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,945 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.