Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the location of the heater inlet hose on a 2003 subaru outback h6? does anyone have a diagram? I wanted to do a radiator flush using a prestone flush kit, anyone have prior experiance with one of these kits on the gen 2 h6?

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
I'm not sure which is inlet and outlet, but both heater hoses are fairly close together near the brake master cylinder, where a steel pipe comes up from near the thermostat and another goes to the top of the engine under the intake.

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Where is the location of the heater inlet hose on a 2003 subaru outback h6? does anyone have a diagram? I wanted to do a radiator flush using a prestone flush kit, anyone have prior experiance with one of these kits on the gen 2 h6?
I wouldn't suggest the flush kit. Using tap water in the engine is bad news down the road. The minerals in the water adhere to aluminum and eat it up, cause oxidation on the metal parts such as the thermostat and vanes on the water pump and bearings, as well as the metal piping, radiator and heater core.

If you want to flush the system, use the Prestone by adding it into the radiator and drive it around for half an hour. Drain the coolant via the thermostat housing on the base of the water pump then refill it with proper mix of coolant and distilled water or use the 50-50 pre blended. Without a flush machine that circulates new coolant while removing the old coolant connected to the running engine, this is the best home method that will not damage the engine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will forgo the flush kit then. drain n fill three times should do the trick. thanks again cardoc, btw how did your struts turn out? any specific reason you went with the legacy hardware? I will be doing all four corners on my car after the holidays. I will probably go with kyb struts and outback coil springs. maybe upgrade front/rear swaybars and end links after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
cardoc
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing