Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited 3.6R
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! So glad I came across this website. I am a PROUD new owner of a certified used 2016 outback limited 3.6R. I am coming from a 2005 Subaru forester (given to me by my parents). I never gave Subaru much attention until I got the forester and had my first winter storm here in the Pacific Northwest of the US. After that I fell in love with my forester.

Fast forward to within the last month... Had a misfire on the #3 cylinder... no biggie, spark plug and wiring was replaced and it was running as good as before... but I was informed that my head gasket was leaking pretty bad and was about to fail completely. Well that got me pretty worried, and I didn't want to have it go out while driving and then not have a vehicle.

So I started looking at certified used Subaru's. I found this dreamy... sexy... 2016 Black Outback 3.6R, with tan leather seats and black dash... So amazing. pretty low miles on it as well, 21400 when I bought it and it was fully loaded. She was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I couldn't say no. Had the dealer add the subaru 7 year 100,000 mile warrenty and then drove it off the lot.

Well as I stated before, I am really glad I found this forum. It is a place I will be frequenting multiple times a day to see whats going on in the outback world.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,380 Posts
Welcome!

And BTW on your old Forester - typical H4 2.5 NA head gasket failure is probably inevitable once they start leaking, but it's highly unusual to "fail completely". It will just keep on leaking externally more and more, and you'll get tired of the mess on the garage floor or driveway and decide to fix or trade it. There isn't much incidence of internal leakage wherein oil and coolant mix and cause issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts