Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Outback 2.5l 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Jared, and I have been lurking around the website for a while, but here is my first post of introduction.

I was an automotive technician for 10 years, working at Honda, but I was the non-Honda tech there, I worked on most of the trucks and diesels that came in. My specialty while there was steering and suspension, and I was one of two of the electrical diagnosing technicians.

I am now an IBEW LU 280 Electrician. Working up and down the valley.

My first Subaru was my family car. A 2000 Outback wagon, that we got from my mother-in-law when my oldest boy was born.
I then purchased a 2002 Impreza WRX, spent a lot of money to make it even more fun than the car already was. After the first year of owning I saw my year to date fuel.......... I spent almost $5k on fuel alone. So I sold it for a more fuel economical commuter.

2017 Honda Civic Sport. Amazing car to drive. Comfortable. 35mpg. YAY!
Then the Outback started having break problems. I got most of it fixed, but there was no way I was going to leave my wife and two boys in a car that could break down on them. If it breaks down on me I can get a ride from coworkers.

So now I am driving the Outback, Rose, and could not be happier. I want to get it in tip top shape and go explore the Oregon Back Country.

I would like to do the Subaru Baja spring lift and Geolander G015 tires, and go from there.

Sorry for that being lengthy,
Thank you,

Jared.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,156 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Oregonian in the People's Republic.

Your background as an automotive tech and electrical diagnosing I think will serve you well here; I'm sure the forum members will throw plenty of opportunities your way to figure out.

You aren't too lengthy BTW - you haven't seen what lengthy is. :)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
@DavidPeab and bought a 2018 Civic sport touring for a commuter car.
...leaving his 2008 H6 parked as it is a thirsty beast. and sold his 200,000 mile, 2000 outback to another member,

·
Registered
2000 Outback 2.5l 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thank you.

I am trying to get out and explore the back roads and see Oregon for more than what I have seen. I am starting out slow with modding it so I can actually see what I need and not. There are a lot of forests here to travel, and all you need is permission to drive on some of them. I am looking forward to driving some Weyerhaeuser and Starker roads this winter and or year.

I will help anyone out with problems that I can. As you know some times it is harder to help with out being there to look at the problem.
But that is also part of the fun too.

I did not know that the 2017 Civic sport was so much fun, until I was driving old Hwy 20 to the coast this summer. The torque and the stability of the car is amazing.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,156 Posts
I did not know that the 2017 Civic sport was so much fun, until I was driving old Hwy 20 to the coast this summer. The torque and the stability of the car is amazing.
Then try Oregon 34 between Corvallis and Waldport.

Of course, it used to be even more interesting before the state highway department had to go try to "fix" it.

·
Registered
2000 Outback 2.5l 4EAT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I drive by my self I always get off and drive the old hwy. Less people and more fun in the corners. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts