Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 3.6R Touring
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :smile2:
I've been lurking for ~ month, reading up and deciding if a Subaru is for us.
Lot's of great details here.

-Pulled the trigger on a 2018 3.6R Touring (Dark Blue Pearl)

-Signed up for a Lifetime forum account today.

Also have an appointment to drop my car off with Torklift on Monday 9/11, so they can either:
(a) Measure and confirm the 2017 ecohitch fits/works on a 2018
or
(b) Design a new one that does

Finally, I know it's a long-shot, signing the paperwork today or tomorrow.
If there are any late night generous ambassadors willing to share a coupon, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited
12 Posts
Please update this post when you find out it the 17 fits the 18. I am planning on taking mine off of my 16 before trading it in for the 18. I would like to be able to reuse it if possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 OB Touring 2.5L Wilderness Green/Java Brown Popular w/Package 5a
36 Posts

Mind if I ask what dealership you went with? I've been talking with Carter Shoreline and will likely go with a 2017 Touring 2.5L they have.

·
Premium Member
2018 3.6R Touring
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walkers Renton - STAY FAR AWAY, RUN! (0-10 scale, 10 being best - I give them a -2)

My next purchase will be at Carters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Touring Outback
26 Posts
I test drove a 2018 3.6R Touring (Wilderness Green) today in AZ and loved it. I didn't want to let the dealer know I was so eager, so I told him I was going to test drive a 4Runner after the Outback but I never did.

Later this week I will contact him to talk some numbers.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
Mind if I ask what dealership you went with? I've been talking with Carter Shoreline and will likely go with a 2017 Touring 2.5L they have.
Unless you're living off of the Alaskan Way viaduct, that's one heck of a distance to go to for getting a car:grin2:

On the bright side, that'll be one heck of a break-in trip on the way back :wink2:

But which interstate goes through North Montana? >:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Lot's of great details here.

-Signed up for a Lifetime forum account today.

Also have an appointment to drop my car off with Torklift on Monday 9/11, so they can either:
(a) Measure and confirm the 2017 ecohitch fits/works on a 2018
or
(b) Design a new one that does

Finally, I know it's a long-shot, signing the paperwork today or tomorrow.
If there are any late night generous ambassadors willing to share a coupon, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Oh dear, we stand a high chance of finding our car's in the same parking lot and causing some confusion, at least from a distance!

I remember back around 93 when visiting parents in Rochester, Michigan when I parked my Saturn SC2 (aquamarine) in the large Meijer's parking lot, no other Saturns around, came out later and found 5 around me of the same color! :surprise:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unless you're living off of the Alaskan Way viaduct, that's one heck of a distance to go to for getting a car:grin2:

On the bright side, that'll be one heck of a break-in trip on the way back :wink2:

But which interstate goes through North Montana? >:)
I-5 out of Seattle to 1 up through BC to 97 to 37 to the Alcan. When "town" is 200 miles away, this isn't a long trip. FF miles to get to Seattle and the difference in the price of the car more than pays for a vacation drive across some very scenic mountains.:smile2: Tourist season is winding down so prices along the way are lower. Plus I'll save a few bucks on winter tires and wheels. It's all good!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I-5 out of Seattle to 1 up through BC to 97 to 37 to the Alcan. When "town" is 200 miles away, this isn't a long trip. FF miles to get to Seattle and the difference in the price of the car more than pays for a vacation drive across some very scenic mountains.:smile2: Tourist season is winding down so prices along the way are lower. Plus I'll save a few bucks on winter tires and wheels. It's all good!
Well, some friendly local advice when visiting Seattle:

Try to avoid dates with protests, professional sports playing locally, major highway closures, driving through construction, getting too close to Pike Place market (once you're stuck in that, you watch your mileage fall as you drive through at slow walker speed) and any sort of local events, and rush hour (a severe misnomer: it's far from being 1 hour for morning, lunch or off work!)

Too bad you can't conduct your dealership business at midnight >:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, some friendly local advice when visiting Seattle:

Try to avoid dates with protests, professional sports playing locally, major highway closures, driving through construction, getting too close to Pike Place market (once you're stuck in that, you watch your mileage fall as you drive through at slow walker speed) and any sort of local events, and rush hour (a severe misnomer: it's far from being 1 hour for morning, lunch or off work!)

Too bad you can't conduct your dealership business at midnight >:)
I've made several trips to Seattle and usually rely on Uber to get around. Seems like I've been fortunate that the interstates have looked like parking lots going the other direction.

As far as the sport thing---lesson learned. Tried to get to Colorado Springs through Denver on a weekday afternoon with the Broncos playing that evening :crying: never again...

·
Registered
'18 2.5i Premium
96 Posts
I have an Ecohitch on my '15 VW. I won't be getting another one until they start using a better finishing operation to prevent rust. The **** thing looks like it sat on the bottom of the ocean for the 2.5 years I've had it, and it started almost immediately. I like how it's well hidden, but that's about it.

That was the main reason I went with the OEM hitch this time round, even if it meant giving up a 2" receiver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts