Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I just registered here since I one step away from picking up a new to me 2007 Outback 2.5i wagon tonight.

Its got 76k miles on it and in pretty good shape. Other than a ding on the hood, the car is straight and the paint is in great shape. The car doesn't really have any cool options but it will due as my daily driver - replacing my 2002 Outback sport that threw a rod two and a half weeks ago.

I negotiated full window tint (30% on all 7 windows plus the top of the front windshield), bug deflector, and winter floor mats as part of my out the door price which still ended up a little less than the internet price on the car.

I"ll post the before and after pics when the deal is done and I actually have the car in my possession.

In the spring I will need to do brakes and rotors, but that's easy enough to do but it helped with my negotiation. The driver side valve cover and head gaskets are clean. The driver side did show some signs of possible leakage so I am having the dealer clean it up so I have a baseline to monitor it from.

CarFax is clean. I'd love to hear any other advise specific to this vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is my Outback just before delivery ...

Even I can't wait to see what I do to this one!

More photos this weekend ...

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Congrats! I've always liked the 2-tone green outback. It sounds like you already know to check the head gaskets periodically and why. You've got time, but remember to change your timing belt at 105,000 miles or 105 months from manufacture, whichever comes first. That's likely to be the spring of 2015. Look up the 2005-2009 suspension thread, maybe the ghostwalking thread too. At that point you'll have seen everything worthwhile (and a lot not) regarding these cars.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I actually used the timing belt as part of my negotiations as well - though I thought it was 90k. I did learn late last night as I did some more research that it is recommended at 105k like you mentioned. I'll check the manufactured date and calculate the 105 months - didn't know that one, thanks.

I'll check out those threads, thanks for the direction. Once I sell my dead OBS, some of that money will be used for a Gorilla Bar, winch and lights on the front and then it will get lifted - probably strut spacers and springs but that is all up to what I find in my research.

I'll start a member journal soon enough.

Thanks again for the info. I'm pretty knowledgeable with the Impreza so I figure a lot will be similar and/or carry directly over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Skemcin
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing