Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Outback H6 LLBean Edition
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm from SoCal, I'm an 18 year old college student, and my first car was a 2004 Subaru Outback H6 LLBean Edition, which I inherited from my mom with 90,000 miles on it. It now has over 130,000 miles on it, and is being driven by my little brother, who just got his license. My current car is a 2008 Acura TL, this time inherited from my dad. I've been driving the TL since May 2012.

I'm making this account because even though the TL has been great to me, I have a feeling that I'm going to be getting behind the wheel of the Outback again very soon. The reason for this is that as I see it, the Outback has more potential as a car to modify. Oddly, this is a trait that my TL lacks. Anything I can imagine doing to the TL would just ruin it; an exhaust would make it too loud, new suspension would make it too low and impractical on LA roads, more power would just make it torque-steer for days; the car is basically perfect as-is. Which is all good and well, but where's the fun in that? ;)

I'll be asking questions throughout the forums about the modifications I would like to do, and I'll start a build thread if/when I begin the modding process :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium CVT PZEV
225 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,318 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Tell your brother to keep his foot out of the floorboard of the TL since you will be taking the Outback back. Maybe put a block of wood under the accelerator or jam the seat all the way back where he'll have to have a block under his shoe.

Mods a plenty here. Pick your passion/poison. When you decide to AWD the LL Bean, I'll have a JDM 4EAT with VTD minus valve body for you out of a 02 Lancaster 6. I have to use the valve body. Sorry. It'll be cheap.

Anything else, its here on the forum somewhere within a couple clicks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts