Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the main reason I have come here is for some help diagnosing the issue(s) I am having with the car and looking for the best places to find the proper parts I need.

No pics or anything, sorry.

·
Premium Member
2008 Subaru Tribeca
931 Posts
bump for vagueness

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted that right after I found these forums and signed up right away and it was really late at night for me. Sorry.

I'll post about the main issue I'm currently having.

NOTE: As stated in my topic, 99 Legacy Outback, 195k-ish miles, manual.

The speedometer is dead. I am just trying to find out if there's a common diagnosis/fix for this, like is there some manufacturing flaw that causes the speedometer to stop working. I saw one video where a guy took a screw to the back of his cluster near a connector (I'm guessing to hold a certain connection in place) and it supposedly fixed his speedometer issue. I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence or should I actually be looking more directly at the VSS and its circuit.

I know there are some other things I need to find out and fix but I won't bother with them until I know I can't find the solution myself.

Thanks for any help.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts