Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2000 Outback 2.5L
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2000 Outback with almost 70k on it. Honestly, I'm a big German fan, had to sell my 2002 VW 4Motion after becoming a stay at home dad. :( No longer a DINK "Double Income No Kids".

After talking to my mechanic and following consumer reports recommendations I ended up looking for an Outback. I wanted to keep my AWD and have a wagon. Actually, all the cars I've ever owned have been wagons. :blahblah:

I'm just looking for tons of problem free miles, hopefully that is what I'll get. Can't say I'm big into mods.

Look forward to getting some good info out of this forum. Hope it grows and we can get a big knowledge base.

David
Omaha, NE

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Hey David, how did you find this site if I may ask? There are a few people here from Omaha, if you want go and visit the Nebraska Subaru Owners Club- NSOC. We have meets every month, the club is a valuable resource to all of us. The amount of expertise on cars, let alone Subarus, within the club is great. Anyway welcome to the site and I highly reccommend going to NSOC and signing up there also. Hope to see you at the next meet! :D

Registered
2000 Outback 2.5L
Discussion Starter #3
I had joined the www.ultimatesubaru.net forum and had saw a post mentioning this forum. I've already been to the NSOC web site. I'll probably join the forum sometime, but I'm not into this car enough to join a club. I never say never, :rolleyes: so maybe sometime you'll see me at meeting.

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Thats cool, yea you'll find much more related directly to the Outback here. NSOC has little to no info or discussion about the Outback there, they primarily tend to the WRX and STi crowd. I was actually the first member there with an Outback and I came in 2 years after the club started ;)

Well you are more than welcome to come here, see ya around!

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
I was actually the first member there with an Outback
I find that to be my situation in some of the groups I fequent. Scoobynet is a good example, full of lunatic British Impreza owners. CentralOhioSubarus at yahoogroups is the same way, oriented toward the sporty side of Subaru. Both groups talk at length about performance and dazzle.

It seems that the online enthusiasts are seldom excited about a go-anywhere utility hauler, and the grocery-getter crowd seldom goes online to chatter about their plain-jane cars.

Which leaves the occasional stray fool such as myself, who will use the Web to share a pic of his car with a picnic table on it...

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
Welcome to our family, David. Stay at home dad, huh? I like that idea myself...I'm down in Bellevue, see you around. Brian (also a member of NSOC)

Registered
The_Lizard said:

CentralOhioSubarus at yahoogroups is the same way, oriented toward the sporty side of Subaru.
Well, at least you are not the only OB owner there any more!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts