Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, am a happy owner of a 2018 2.5 Outback Touring.
Where can I get or down load a shop manual that includes the electrical diagram and parts list (on paper or CD)?
Thanks for any help and a happy New Year. Eldad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you 'Plain OM'

Thanks,
Seems like the site requires registration (and login), can anyone register to download the PDF manuals?
Did not find where to subscribe, and if it is free or not (I don't mind paying).

·
Registered
18,411 Posts
Unless things have changed since I was there last, anyone can register and purchase a "subscription". On the log-in page, below the e-mail/password fill-in windows, click on "Purchase and create subscription". Subscriptions are available for various lengths of time. The 72 hour subscription should be enough to download the service manual and other documentation. The service manuals are made up of a large number of small pdf files (could run over 1000 now with all the new electronic options), each covering an individual function or operation. The site limits downloads to 50/hour, so it could take a fair number of hours, overall, to retrieve all the files. There's no official site that provides the full service manual in one file. There's a "users guide" -- click on link at the top right of the log-in page.

There's threads here related to other sources of service manuals -- a search should lead to them.

Incidentally, Mitchells and Alldata, and perhaps others, that specialize in technical documentation support for shops and professionals, also have subscription plans for DIYers. These are on-line services, but allow downloading and printing of pages. They are reasonably priced (last time I looked, 4 or 5 year subscriptions were priced at around $50), and are usually up-to-date with revisions, TSBs, recalls etc. Some public libraries have subscriptions to these services for use by members, which could be good way to get an idea of what they're like and how to use the web-based data. They might be an alternative to downloading from the SOA site, and then having to deal with service manual updates, which often occur in the first year or two.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all the good info.
I don't see myself capable or having the patience - am 80 years old - to down load hundreds of PDFs then keeping track of what's what and so on.
I'll try Mitchells and Alldata, maybe look for others who perhaps have all the separate documents consolidated in one or a few volumes on a CD or other media. It makes sense that someone or a few did that.

I just got the 2018 OB (Touring), and am quite impressed. Being an electronics guy and DIYer, I always made it a point to have the shop manual of the car I owned at the time, so I could do some of the repairs, also read about or come up with mods and install.
Goes without saying that no one in his right mind (including myself) should touch a complex car of today without a diagram.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts