Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently purchased a new 2021 outback touring and have started installing an led light bar. Everything is going great except for the wiring. I have look multiple times through the headlight harness for a positive or negative switch feed for the high beam so I can splice in to switch my relay and I cannot for the life of me find a feed. Has anyone else found a solution to this.

also to avoid the obvious answers I am a qualified automotive electrician and spent many hours trying to find the signal.
so personally I hate that it has defeated me but I’m desperate for a solution so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5
650 Posts
I’ve recently purchased a new 2021 outback touring and have started installing an led light bar. Everything is going great except for the wiring. I have look multiple times through the headlight harness for a positive or negative switch feed for the high beam so I can splice in to switch my relay and I cannot for the life of me find a feed. Has anyone else found a solution to this.

also to avoid the obvious answers I am a qualified automotive electrician and spent many hours trying to find the signal.
so personally I hate that it has defeated me but I’m desperate for a solution so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
There is a fuse/relay box located under the hood (at least on earlier models, mine is a 2016). I wired mine in there. It's been five years and I don't remember if it's the high beam fuse or relay but that's where I tapped in for a 12v trigger for my light bar relay. Be aware that this also activates when the driving lights come on during the day so it will also turn on your bar then as well. I have an illuminated switch set up on mine to hopefully remind me if I accidentally leave the switch on during the day. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a fuse/relay box located under the hood (at least on earlier models, mine is a 2016). I wired mine in there. It's been five years and I don't remember if it's the high beam fuse or relay but that's where I tapped in for a 12v trigger for my light bar relay. Be aware that this also activates when the driving lights come on during the day so it will also turn on your bar then as well. I have an illuminated switch set up on mine to hopefully remind me if I accidentally leave the switch on during the day. Hope that helps.
thanks for The input but I just upgraded from the 2016 model to the 2021 amdyou are right that’s where I got it in my last model too but the new model has no such fuse. Thanks anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts