Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 outback cranks but no start ,will start and run off starter fluid. Fuel pump comes on for about two seconds then shuts off . No codes no cel light replaced fuel pump was getting weak spark so I replaced the coil as well

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
what happens when you jump it from a known good battery?

what happens when you get power directly to the starter from something other then the wires on it?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,163 Posts
Replaced battery cranking good but no start seems to not be getting fuel
fuel lines to the intake might be clogged with varnish / crud,

has this been sitting a long time? or possibly get a load of bad gas recently?

when you pull the fuel lines off the canister under the hood do you get good flow?
you might want to have new fuel lines in your hand to do that, those shrink and get tight on the fluted tips of that canister overtime,...= sometimes easier to cut them and toss the cheap canister there for a new one,...than "try" to work with old lines there. they say here that one typically does not get much in it as the pump has a filter on it that is designed to leave the junk in the tank.

·
Registered
19,502 Posts
Did you replace the complete fuel pump assembly, or just the motor? Did you check the fuel pressure while cranking? (That generation has a common problem with a cap and o-ring on the fuel pump housing. The pump will run, and fuel might flow, but it doesn't develop the necessary pressure for the fuel injectors.)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,163 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Found oring blown out and one of the tabs on the cap was cracked on the fuel pump assembly. I got it back together and put a hose clamp on the cap to get it working. I ordered a new fuel pump assembly and will replace it when it comes in. Thanks for all the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.