Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a 2014 outback. Has about 50k miles. It's CPO and dealer is asking $19,500. Is this an average price? What are some things I should look for? Any problems I should be considering? Big question is would any of you hesitate buying a used outback? Any help is appreciated.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,855 Posts
If that is a 4 cylinder, (you did not say):
that has a 100,000 extended warranty on the engine and the transmission. (edit maybe ??)
make them change the CVT trans fluid free before you buy it, (subaru said the fluid was like "forever" but in real world applications it is not).

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
452 Posts
I knew you meant 4 cylinder since your put H4 in the description! :grin2:

The price seems average. Your location will affect pricing to a degree. You could try an online valuation like Edmunds or just go to cars.com and see what is out there. I "valued" my '11 Limited a while ago out of curiosity and it came in around $13-14K IIRC. We've had ours since new and except for an apparent design flaw in the rear view camera allowing water intrusion I'd be hard pressed to find fault in the cars. Personally I am a bit put off by the fact that all three levels of trim are practically indiscernible at 10' unless you know what to look for and even that can be difficult. I'm not an egotist but I paid for the Limited and I'd at least like an emblem on the hatch! I think that for the price you can't beat a Subie. If I ever get to the replacement point we'll get another one, but we did buy this one with the attitude it was our "last" car. I've been known to keep vehicles 12-17 years and I really hate the idea of payments so in retirement this baby is intended to be "it". Of course Massachusetts winters and the major salting that gets done may change my plans now that we've relocated, but for the time being I'm making no replacement plans. :smile2:

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,855 Posts
I knew you meant 4 cylinder since your put H4 in the description! :grin2:

:
I added that to the thread title,
after the reply post to make it easier for everyone's mind to know what engine, before they clicked and read deeper on the thread.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
16 Posts
I bought a '14 Premium with sunroof and 40k miles about 4 months ago for $18,750, but that was private party, so adjust for dealer pricing accordingly. Not every '14 has an extended warranty to 100k miles. You'll need to check the VIN with Subaru of America. Mine has the extended warranty for transmission, but not engine.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited pzev
62 Posts
I picked my 14 Limited up last week for $15,500. It had between 80,200 and 80,500 I can't remember the exact mileage. It had been a one owner car and I bought it at a used car dealer. It had originally $16,995 but the price dropped to 15,995 and I shot them an offer of 15k. They counter offered with 15,500 and I accepted.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5 Limited, CVT
27 Posts
My deal: in March 2017 from Subaru dealer a less than 2 week recent turn in there, I picked up my 2014 CPO Tungsten Limited Outback, loaded 27,000mile, mint condition, 1 owner, 2.5, CVT, leather loaded (just lack Nav & eye sight). A beautiful car. $21,700. So with Subaru CPO (one of the best out there!). I have until 100,000 total miles or until its 7 year old birthday which is in March 2021. Oh and 1.49% 3 year financing thru Subaru their Chase bank program. I went in well armed with other examples and Was very pleased with the entire dealership in simple straight forward negotiation to bottom very quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts