Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this when i was looking a recently replaced axle due to the car vibrating a lot more after the axle replacement. I'm not sure what the name of the part is so i can't really google the problem.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the suspension since it is near the wheel and all. The fluid leaking out of it is very viscous, kinda felt like rubber cement.

The problem is on the drivers side, the passenger side one looked pretty dry.

I'm hoping it is not something to worry about or an easy fix. If it isn't then i really need to find different mechanics because it has had two inspections within two weeks, with no flags raised. Plus, the guy who replaced the axle would have been working right near this thing, and I noticed the leak on the drive home from the axle replacement, so i'm assuming it had already happened, or was caused by something at the dealer.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Suspension bushing - they are liquid filled. Fairly cheap fix - go with stock parts if you want them to last a long time with low cost. Go aftermarket if cost and not lasting as long is not a priority aftermarket bushings are for improved road handling or travel capability ie off road suspension travel and modifications etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this the part set i need? Or is there a cheaper one i can get?http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=2459

Is this something that needs to be replaced immediately or can i wait a couple weeks till my money situation is a bit better?

Also, is there an online shop manual or diagram i can use for reference on replacing it? I'd like to try fixing this one myself since this one doesn't really look like it needs any special tools.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yep that's the parts, the job can wait a little while, though if you have access to a press, you may want to look at urethane bushes as a replacement on both sides as they seem to be more durable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Timberwolf99
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing