Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Direct link to photo's if the linking doesn't work
https://picasaweb.google.com/woods6...authkey=Gv1sRgCM6D-MnutLiZ3QE&feat=directlink

I was under my car recently and noticed what looks like a missing bracket/brace. I tried searching online for under body, drive-train pictures with no luck of finding it. Hoping someone here might help me identify so I can put it out to the dealership, as they just recently replaced my transmission.

thanks

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,961 Posts
I think it is for the heat shield that goes between the pipe/resonator and the body.
You should see 2 similar mounting points either to the rear, or on the trans crossmember.

My '03 outback, the shield mounts to the crossmember in front and to two studs screwed into the body in the rear.

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
^ +1 It looks like a continuation of the heat shield seen in the last photo. My only other guess would be a bracket to hold the exhaust, but it looks like that is held from above.

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
yes, the heat shield.

typically you cannot see the drive shaft when you look under a subaru, 90 - 04. the heat shield hides it , or most of it.

the big question is, what were they working on that caused them to remove it.?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts