Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Limited - Magnetite Grey/Black
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be getting my Outback Limited XT on Friday been a Honda/Acura owner since 1984.....What is everyone using to clean (treat) the info screen and the “piano black” plastic.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,565 Posts
Will be getting my Outback Limited XT on Friday been a Honda/Acura owner since 1984.....What is everyone using to clean (treat) the info screen and the “piano black” plastic.
I just got the XPEL clear film put on my interior trim pieces. Don't have to worry about cleaning apart from just wiping off dust with a microfiber towel and some automotive interior cleaning wipes. No worrying about scratching the plastic.

·
Registered
2020 Outback, 2020 WRX, 2011 Legacy, 2005 Legacy GT wagon
22 Posts
I just got the XPEL clear film put on my interior trim pieces. Don't have to worry about cleaning apart from just wiping off dust with a microfiber towel and some automotive interior cleaning wipes. No worrying about scratching the plastic.
good idea!

·
Registered
2020 Outback, 2020 WRX, 2011 Legacy, 2005 Legacy GT wagon
22 Posts
I use a navigation screen cleaner cloth only.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited (Magnetite Gray Metallic)
533 Posts
I use this to clean all interior surfaces and it's safe for the infotainment screen, too. Doesn't leave a strong chemical smell, residue, or make surfaces glossy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks! That’s interesting, I thought XPEL was strictly paint protection, I will look into the interior option.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,565 Posts
Thanks
How easy to install and what does the fit look like?
I got it installed when I got the exterior film installed. Here is a post I made a while ago about it:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I keep a microfiber towel in the drivers door compartment and wipe it down (gently) everytime I get in. No chemicals have been needed yet and no scratches on the piano black surfaces.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I posted this in the other piano black plastic thread but I will say it here too. I love and trust 303 aerospace protectant as I’ve used it on all 6 of my Subies. Makes the piano black (and all other plastic, vinyl, rubber surfaces) look ???

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Limited - Magnetite Grey/Black
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I posted this in the other piano black plastic thread but I will say it here too. I love and trust 303 aerospace protectant as I’ve used it on all 6 of my Subies. Makes the piano black (and all other plastic, vinyl, rubber surfaces) look ???
Thanks. On which surfaces are you using it on and How do you apply the 303.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks. On which surfaces are you using it on and How do you apply the 303.
I use it on everything except the touchscreen. I have microfiber applicator pads to control the application and I always use microfiber towels that are 360 gsm or higher to wipe clean (and on any internal component) It’s a UV protectant as well as a miracle solution. It also dries to a nice non-greasy finish unlike armor all. I use it on all the external black plastic trim also. I love detailing my car swear by this stuff and buy it by the gallon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts