Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to choose between a base 2012 2.5i Outback with Alloy Wheel Package and adding leather and bluetooth or going to 2013 2.5i Limited with moonroof. Any advice would be appreciated?

·
Registered
2010 2.5i Outback, 2015 2.5i Legacy w/Eyesight
589 Posts
The upgraded base 2012 sounds like it should be a significantly better deal, no? How much are they asking for each?

If the dealership prices are anywhere near comparable between an upgraded 2012 base model and a 2013 limited, the 2013 is definitely the better choice.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin
88 Posts
I recently went from a 2011 2.5 Limited with almost 20K miles on it to a 2013 2.5 Limited SAP. I am very happy with my decision to go with the 2013, IMO it's a much different vehicle.

A few things that I think are instantly noticeable:
  1. feel of the seats (more comfortable driver seat)
  2. feel of the drive and suspension (less sway and better handling)
  3. more power (new engine from 2011)
  4. better transmission (2nd Gen CVT)
  5. upgraded technology (nav is nice to have but not the best that I've come across)
  6. Like the redesigned roof rack
  7. Like the larger fog lamps
  8. MPG's are worse (according to the discussions, it gets better with time)
Left the SAP upgrades out of it because your looking at a different model, but I love all of the SAP perks.

Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts