Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Does my TBM OB look awesome?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Good, not great..

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Meh, not so much..

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Dislike. Trade it for another color in two years..

Votes: 5 7.9%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i CVT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a '13 Twilight Blue Metallic 2.5 Premium CVT OB. The dealer was extremely limited on available colors for the OB with the options I wanted, so I pulled the trigger on TBM. In some light, it looks blue/grey, and in other light, it sometimes looks blue/purple. I've found myself wishing I would've held out for Silver, Black or Grey.

I know AO River and others do have and enjoy TBM, but I'm having my doubts. Help me feel better about the color!:(

Attachments

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
Blue is my favorite color and that shade rocks!

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
If you have doubts now it ain't goin nowhere, nothing we can say will change that.

Just gonna have to live with it. Sorry lol

·
Registered
2013 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT
56 Posts
Wife and I just bought the exact same car. Between the different trim lines, our dealer had one of just about every available color. We zeroed in on the Twilight Blue as our favorite real quick. Our dealer did not have the package we wanted in the TB color either, but was able to trade with another dealer and get exactly what we wanted. We both love the TB color, and I think it is very cool how it looks different in different lighting. We also liked the ice silver, grey, and Venetian red, but the Twilight Blue with off-black interior was our instant favorite. Color choice is obviously a personal preference, but I personally think you made the best choice possible. :29:

·
Registered
48 Posts
You made a good choice. Subaru black is awful, shows every scratch and bird dropping. ISlver too vanilla.

Your color combines blue and dark grey very nicely, looks great.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ Sunroof
58 Posts
I love that chameleon effect of the TBM paint:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I sure wouldn't spend this kind of money unless I was absolutely sure it was what I wanted.
That said, it appears to be about the same shade (darkness?) as the old Steel Silver color, so it shouldn't be hard to keep looking nice. I actually like the color quite a bit :)

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
Start gloss blacking out the wheels and other brightwork, I think you'll like it even better.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,861 Posts
If you have doubts now it ain't goin nowhere, nothing we can say will change that.

Just gonna have to live with it. Sorry lol
...pretty much sums it up but the upside is that color looks great!!!

·
Registered
2014 2.5 Outback Premium CVT 72,000 mi (previous: 2012 OB 2.5 base 6-MT, totaled at 73,532mi)
534 Posts
That was our first choice, but in 2012 they didn't offer with a dark interior, so we went with dark grey. Dark grey is fine, but just such a safe choice it bores me.

my kids give me grief about it all the time, even though they agreed at the time.

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i CVT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, this forum rocks.. I figured I'd just get trolled after posting, but that wasn't the case at all. Thanks for the positive feedback! Thus far, TBM does look much cleaner on a daily basis than any of the grey or black cars I've owned. Plus, mine came with the black interior, which should hold up better and show less wear than a lighter color. :29:

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i LTD / Auto
29 Posts
I like it. It was my second choice only because our sedan is dark blue. I went with silver and am on the fence about it due to it looking light blue in some situations. But overall I dig the car. It's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, and has plenty of creature comforts and room! Enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
5th Subaru: 2017 3.6R Touring
15 Posts
I love the TWB. I, too, was skeptical and only agreed to the color when Midnight blue didn't come with dark interior. So I went with TWB with dark interior. And I have loved it since day 1 (just hit 1000 miles today)! Much better than the midnight blue, I think.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium CVT PZEV
225 Posts
I like that color! If it was available when I bought my OB, that's what I'd have now!!

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts

Nice color parked in the driveway, but too stealthy for my liking --
especially on sun-faded blacktop roads, and especially^2 with fog,
rain, low visibility, and/or at dusk. (Also known as TWILIGHT! :)

Texting morons occasionally notice bright red or canary yellow.

...be careful out there,

Looby

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Just picked up a '13 Twilight Blue Metallic 2.5 Premium CVT OB. The dealer was extremely limited on available colors for the OB with the options I wanted, so I pulled the trigger on TBM. In some light, it looks blue/grey, and in other light, it sometimes looks blue/purple. I've found myself wishing I would've held out for Silver, Black or Grey.

I know AO River and others do have and enjoy TBM, but I'm having my doubts. Help me feel better about the color!:(
I prefer your color to silver, black or gray.

If you weren't sure about the color why did you buy it in the first place...?

·
Registered
2013 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT
56 Posts
Nice color parked in the driveway, but too stealthy for my liking --
especially on sun-faded blacktop roads, and especially^2 with fog,
rain, low visibility, and/or at dusk. (Also known as TWILIGHT! :)

Texting morons occasionally notice bright red or canary yellow.

...be careful out there,

Looby
That's where the daytime driving lamps help. :29:

Seriously, I know what you mean. I've had more than one incident where I barely saw a pavement grey colored car coming right at me (no lights on).
Kind of scary, if you think about it. :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts