Subaru Outback Forums banner

Does my TBM OB look awesome?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Good, not great..

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Meh, not so much..

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Dislike. Trade it for another color in two years..

Votes: 5 7.9%

Help me feel better about my TBM!

5K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  spryan81 
#1 ·
Just picked up a '13 Twilight Blue Metallic 2.5 Premium CVT OB. The dealer was extremely limited on available colors for the OB with the options I wanted, so I pulled the trigger on TBM. In some light, it looks blue/grey, and in other light, it sometimes looks blue/purple. I've found myself wishing I would've held out for Silver, Black or Grey.

I know AO River and others do have and enjoy TBM, but I'm having my doubts. Help me feel better about the color!:(

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Wife and I just bought the exact same car. Between the different trim lines, our dealer had one of just about every available color. We zeroed in on the Twilight Blue as our favorite real quick. Our dealer did not have the package we wanted in the TB color either, but was able to trade with another dealer and get exactly what we wanted. We both love the TB color, and I think it is very cool how it looks different in different lighting. We also liked the ice silver, grey, and Venetian red, but the Twilight Blue with off-black interior was our instant favorite. Color choice is obviously a personal preference, but I personally think you made the best choice possible. :29:

#8 ·
I sure wouldn't spend this kind of money unless I was absolutely sure it was what I wanted.
That said, it appears to be about the same shade (darkness?) as the old Steel Silver color, so it shouldn't be hard to keep looking nice. I actually like the color quite a bit :)

#12 ·
That was our first choice, but in 2012 they didn't offer with a dark interior, so we went with dark grey. Dark grey is fine, but just such a safe choice it bores me.

my kids give me grief about it all the time, even though they agreed at the time.

#13 ·
OK, this forum rocks.. I figured I'd just get trolled after posting, but that wasn't the case at all. Thanks for the positive feedback! Thus far, TBM does look much cleaner on a daily basis than any of the grey or black cars I've owned. Plus, mine came with the black interior, which should hold up better and show less wear than a lighter color. :29:

#14 ·
I like it. It was my second choice only because our sedan is dark blue. I went with silver and am on the fence about it due to it looking light blue in some situations. But overall I dig the car. It's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage, and has plenty of creature comforts and room! Enjoy your new car.

#15 ·
I love the TWB. I, too, was skeptical and only agreed to the color when Midnight blue didn't come with dark interior. So I went with TWB with dark interior. And I have loved it since day 1 (just hit 1000 miles today)! Much better than the midnight blue, I think.

#17 ·

Nice color parked in the driveway, but too stealthy for my liking --
especially on sun-faded blacktop roads, and especially^2 with fog,
rain, low visibility, and/or at dusk. (Also known as TWILIGHT! :)

Texting morons occasionally notice bright red or canary yellow.

...be careful out there,

Looby

#22 ·
If you weren't sure about the color why did you buy it in the first place...?
Aside from Venetian Red, it was the only color the dealer had with the options that I wanted and a black interior. I really wanted an OB, and also really wanted to unload the car I had. TBM is definitely growing on me though, especially after seeing how many people like it..

#23 ·
I really liked the blue exterior of mine. I thought the tan interior wouldn't bother, it did. I really like the azurite blue, I guess its kinda cool they only offered it in '10+'11

#25 ·
I started out wanting the silver, but the silver OB on the dealer's lot had a scratch on a fender. I was determined to buy an OB anyway and let the salesman talk me into the TBM.

Since then, people have complimented me on the color, told me how much they "really like the color!" and other such comments.

Personally, I kinda like the way it takes on a purple-ish haze in fluorescent light and was going to call the car "Jimi" if I had to name it due to that purple haze.

I can't talk you into liking your car, but fwiw, I thanked the sales guy for talking me into the TWB OB instead of that silver I thought I wanted.

The car can be a bit squirrelly on a windy day and I'm learning to hate the loose suspension, drives like a forklift feel, but I "really like the color!" and the car's overall Swiss Army knife practicality.

If I can fix the suspension/driving feel, this will be a perfect car for the money.

#26 · (Edited)
+1 one more from someone else with a '13 TBM Premium.

I've been bummed that Subaru limits interior color choices...I'd destroy tan, and did on my 03 OBW...so I had to have black. My friend Kevin, who's a salesman at Boardman Subaru (our local dealer), gave me the list of what he had with black while we were on the phone. He mentioned TBM as a new color and that he had one in stock. He described it, and, as I generally like blue and decided I wanted a "color" this time, sight unseen I asked him to write that one up for me.

Haven't regretted it in the nearly 5 months I've owned it, and I do get a lot of compliments on the color...in fact, another one just today.

#27 ·
If I had gone with a brand new model, hands down this is the color I would have chosen out of what's available. My favorite color overall is the Azurite Blue but it just happened to be the good deal that fell into my lap so I jumped on it. The TBM is really similar to two of my father's previous Grand Cherokees so that may be why I'm such a fan of it. I just wish all the OB's came with the black headlight shroud instead of just on the SAP package (again, see the GC pic below haha).

For reference:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.