Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013, not the one with a V6, the V4 model
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched and come up zero. I saw a thread recently where the OP had squeaky hinges on his rear doors. He used a lubricant that came highly recommended and really liked the results. I am looking for that lube. I think it is German made, and has initials as its name. Maybe K_ _ -(something). I believe the name was recently changed to conform to EPA regulations, so it is now K _ _ - (something else).

Anybody recognize this?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have searched and searched and come up zero. I saw a thread recently where the OP had squeaky hinges on his rear doors. He used a lubricant that came highly recommended and really liked the results. I am looking for that lube. I think it is German made, and has initials as its name. Maybe K_ _ -(something). I believe the name was recently changed to conform to EPA regulations, so it is now K _ _ - (something else).

Anybody recognize this?
Try this link:http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/66-problems-maintenance/8671-door-hinge-lubrication.html

Also, you can search the forum for 'door hinge' and you will find other information about what grease to use.

It may be this one you are trying to find: https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=8072

·
Registered
2013, not the one with a V6, the V4 model
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that link to the product is the stuff.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
This by far is the best product for may applications to include hinges.
Wurth HHK-S High Pressure Lubricant. It goes on like a WD-40 creeping into everyplace then acts like an adhesive lubricant.
I bought some specifically for our Outback and use it on all my other vehicles especially my jet ski throttle linkages and my retractable hardtop on my BMW.
Nothing else comes close...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts