Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 horizontally opposed cylinders of fury
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not from a Subaru, I'm just trying to help my mom. This itty-bitty bulb from the fog light switch in her Nissan has burned out. It is modular & looks generic & was clearly designed to be replaced without having to replace the entire switch. I didn't think it would be a dealer part, but so far Advance & NAPA couldn't help. Any thoughts on finding one? If not I'll get it from a dealer, I just thought it looked like something I could find anywhere. TIA :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
I think thats gonna be a dealer item.I just replaced the bulbs in a A/C control panel out of a 01 maxima.3 of the buttons would not light up,theres 4 bulbs in there all have the same base but 1 of them looks like your bulb.The other 3 have shorter bulbs that light up the buttons and the longer bulb lights up the face.Some instrument clusters use these as well.Good luck

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
As noted in the link I posted: if you can get to these bulbs it is simple to replace them with new bulbs from radio shack, and FAR cheaper.

Read that link before you do anything, I replaced them in my HVAC assembly over the winter and it took me all of 30 minutes, and the bulbs from radio shack worked perfectly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
FMGreen said:
As noted in the link I posted: if you can get to these bulbs it is simple to replace them with new bulbs from radio shack, and FAR cheaper.

Read that link before you do anything, I replaced them in my HVAC assembly over the winter and it took me all of 30 minutes, and the bulbs from radio shack worked perfectly.
GO WITH THE SHACK! I've done it before too, just use some tweezers and maybe a straight pin to guide the wires in and out.

Enouen

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
When I went to my local shack, the only bulbs that size in their inventory were exactly the right size for the short (not long) bulbs, but they were 2.5 volts. IIRC the panel runs at 9 volts. They looked great for a very brief moment.

On my 98 vent controls the bulbs themselves just have two wires, which plug through the plastic socket (like Christmas lights) and the sockets screw into the panel circuit board with a 90-degree turn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts