Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I created this profile so i could get some help. With taxes coming up, a friend has asked to me to help her with a motor swap. Seeing how i've done several in the past, and i get the scrap car from it, i agreed. But here's my problem, i've never worked on a Subaru before. She has a 2003 Outback Legacy. I've found a few of the older models in my area and I'm curious as to what motors will fit in this 2003. Will a '96 motor fit? I cannot look at the '03 just yet, as it's in a diff town than mine as is the '96. I'm awaiting another email from someone else who has a similar car but did not post the year of it. If someone could please tell me what motors will and will not fit, that would be a great help! I appreciate any and all comments. thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thats a bummer. I'm not sure it's a SOHC or DOHC. but i did find a '98 outback legacy...so that wont work either without doing a header swap? I dont have much detail on her car yet, just that the motor is blown. I'm calling the shop she has it at tmrw to see exactly what happened to it. Thanks again for the help and any thing further would be great. I'll post tmrw on here what the motor has exactly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.