Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking for parts for my 1997 subaru legacy outback limited, I need 2 cam pulleys, and an idler sproket thing. Can someone point me in a a good direction for used or new parts that are compatible?

·
Registered
2014 OBW 3.6R Limited, 1997 OBW 2.5L Auto (sold, but not forgotten), and 1991 Ford F150
1,525 Posts
You can get part#s here:
http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b11/type_45/engine/camshaft_and_timing_belt/

Note these are factory original part#s and some of them may have been updated, but the new ones will usually show up when you search on the old ones. For instance, the drawings show a part# of 13085AA010 for the toothed idler pulley with an alternate of 13085AA070 ... the current part# is actually 13085AA080.

Actually, instead of just buying a toothed pulley, you may want to consider getting a complete timing belt set off of eBay which will include all the idler pulleys and a timing belt.

If you are planning to replace the timing belt tensioner, be aware that 97 engines used two different kinds. Earlier ones with a build date up to about 4/97 used a two-piece tensioner while later ones used a one-piece one. You can see both kinds in the first drawing linked above. The two-piece one is item#s 13 and 15. The one-piece one is item# 17. They are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
288 Posts
RobLog;595082.......[B said:
If you are planning to replace the timing belt tensioner, be aware that 97 engines used two different kinds. Earlier ones with a build date up to about 4/97 used a two-piece tensioner while later ones used a one-piece one. You can see both kinds in the first drawing linked above. The two-piece one is item#s 13 and 15. The one-piece one is item# 17[/B]. They are not interchangeable.

They are if you use the mounting bracket that matches.

O.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts