Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like help making a wiring modification to my 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback to add Daytime running lights. My wiring diagram shows a wiring harness ready to accept the following parts - A control module 84067ac000, two relays - 82501aa050 and 82501aa060, resistor - 84057aa010. Also there is a spot for a diode i don't know the part number of but none of these parts are either available or if you can locate them they are expensive and take time to get here.

I would like to wire my own solution with the low beams although I am open to using the fog lights if there is a cleaner and easier hack for that. Looking for the simplest least intrusive solution requiring hacking the least number of wires. Presumably using a relay in engine compartment is the way to go? Can someone help me with detailed instructions on this? I would like to get it done in the next couple days I have a deadline for car safety inspection. I have never wired a relay before but ready to do it. Thank you :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the low beam and high beam wires at the bulb go to ground when they are activated, I suppose that is called ground switching? With a common wire at 12 v

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
1,226 Posts
Look up David Levy relay application guide. It has relay schematics for diy automotive applications. You will find several options on how to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look up David Levy relay application guide. It has relay schematics for diy automotive applications. You will find several options on how to do it.
thanks for the tip, I am only seeing the 6th edition online in PDF and it does not have anything for DRL

·
Premium Member
2005 Mazda 6 && 2007 Outback 3.0 LLBean, WGO
508 Posts
@intrepid 78 Try taking a look at this: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fog-drl-248136.html
It's not at all applicable to your model/year, but this seems to walk through the process overall pretty well. You'll have to be conscious of all the differences, though.

I'm nosy, too -- are you being required to have DRLs on this car for the gov inspection? Don't they allow it as-is, if it wasn't built that way? How'd it go?

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
. . . -- are you being required to have DRLs on this car for the gov inspection? Don't they allow it as-is, if it wasn't built that way? . . .
Apparently, it is is a requirement for the Ontario (provincial) vehicle safety inspection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts