Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i w/AWP 6MT
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all! I am in the process of making a very extensive video on the Subaru CVTs, and I need your help!!! I need a couple high resolution landscape orientation videos to use in the video I am making.

Here's what I need:
  • 2015 Outback 3.6r Owners
    (2015 only, not older or newer)
    • I need a clear video(s) of you starting your Outback, and then (immediately after it starts) shifting from Park, into Reverse, then through Neutral into Drive, capturing (a) you moving the shifter and (b) your HT-TR690 CVT making the "just-started-shift-chirp". It needs to clearly record the chirp, and also record the shifter movement (steady camera, landscape mode).
  • 2010-2012 Outback 2.5i CVT Owners
    (2010-2012 2.5i CVT driven only)
    • I need a shot of the car being driven legally at full acceleration to legal speeds, showing the tachometer smoothly moving as the car accelerates without fake shifting.

PLEASE ONLY RECORD THE VIDEO DESCRIBED ABOVE IF YOU CAN SAFELY DO SO: eg: a GoPro or similar on a mount, or a passenger filming.

• (I DON'T THINK THIS APPLIES, BUT...)
      IF any of you have any that do the shift chirp, I need a clear video(s) of you starting your Outback, and then (immediately after it starts) shifting from Park, into Reverse, then through Neutral into Drive, capturing (a) you moving the shifter and (b) your TR690 CVT making the "just-started-shift-chirp". It needs to clearly record the chirp, and also record the shifter movement (steady camera, landscape mode).

If any of you can help with those items, that'd be great!!!!
I'd need the high resolution (at least 2K, preferably 4K) videos to be DropBox'd, or Google Drive'd, or iCloud'd, or similar to me.

If I select your video:
Besides my thanks, I could also send you a nice Subie Swag gift package, with some cool Subie gear in it. And, I can shout you out in the final video, (or leave you anonymous - your choice).

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI - that black text is impossible to read without highlighting it for those using dark mode for the forums...
Thanks, fixed... and I see now what the software is doing. Hmmm...

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... I could work that into the vid.
  • 2015 OB 3.6r
  • 2017 OB 3.6r
  • 2019 Ascent (already filmed)
  • 2022 OBW (already filmed)

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
5,208 Posts
Mine never made a peep for the first 60k miles or so - until I had a weeping pump cover repaired. Now I get what I'd call a light squeak, "chirp" makes me think of birds or tires, which doesn't seem accurate (but it's the same noise as in your video). I can make a video sometime this week.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine never made a peep for the first 60k miles or so - until I had a weeping pump cover repaired. Now I get what I'd call a light squeak, "chirp" makes me think of birds or tires, which doesn't seem accurate (but it's the same noise as in your video). I can make a video sometime this week.
I'd REALLY appreciate that. I think at some point in their lives, the forward reverse changeover mechanism clutch packs get quieter or noisier. But yep, sounds like exactly what you're describing.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so far, I have videos for:
  • 2017 OB
  • 2019 Ascent
  • 2022 OB Wilderness

Hoping for a 2015 OB 3.6r and a 2014 FozXT CVT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts