Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 OUtback XT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im changing out my struts and springs for king springs with 04 kybs in the rear, i got the spring and top hat off, but how do i get the dust boot off? a picture is attatched to illustrate what mine looks like. also, i did not see a rubber bushing that many struts have, is this because the bump stop is on the frame of the car?

Attachments

·
Registered
05 OUtback XT
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im doing this this afternoon so i need to figure it out, any help would be much apreciated

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,122 Posts
I changed 03 to 03 and don't seem to recall having any problem moving the boots over.

If the top of the 04 looks the same as your 05 strut, probably just need to break the friction loose that is holding the boot on. Worst case, you tear something and need to buy boots.

maybe get some waterpump (tongue and groove?) pliers and mash around/gently twist the boot and see if it will break loose.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5I non Turbo
59 Posts
I just did my 07 and I worked a small flat head screw driver between the boot and the metal all the way around and then it just came off. I had new ones to put on from KYB but they looked nothing like the old ones and had a large diameter seeming to hit the springs so I used the old ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts