Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Legacy Outback Wagon
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the driver side window of my '97 OBW. A few days ago, I put the window down, but when I tried to put it back up it got stuck half way. I tried to put it back down a few times, and finally after some banging and snapping noises, it did go down and then was able to go back up, but it didn't line up properly. And then it wouldn't go back down after that. Additionally, the rear upper corner of the window extends too high, and hence catches on the door frame and flexes the window when I try to close the door.
I took off the inside door panel and found that a couple of the bolts that held the motor assembly to the door were loose, or had fallen out entirely. I put them back in and tried to realign the holes as best I could. Now the window goes up/down pretty freely (though it really slows near the top), but still doesn't line up properly. The upper rear corner still extends up too far (if I were to slam the door, I think the window would shatter!)
I fear that the banging and snapping noises I heard while trying to move the window might have knocked something out of line. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment to the window/track, or what might be the problem?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

·
Registered
95 Outback 2.2L/auto stone stock
24 Posts
You probably broke the little hard nylon rollers in the window track. Have had that happen in several of our vehicles over the years. Junkyard rollers from a wrecked door (Japanese is Japanese on these parts) and heavily greasing the piece they slide in always fixed the problem (until/unless the window switch failed if power windows).

·
Registered
'97 Outback Limited, 2.5 DOHC, Automatic, ABS
97 Posts
Junk yard or Dorman, just get the whole thing, it's broke, and yes you will break the window......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts