Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 subaru outback 2.5. I just bought it last night and the driver's side door remote unlock did not work. I read all of the threads on this website and cleaned out the actuator and am in the process of putting everything back in the door. The only problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out hwo to get the exterior door handle bar to go back into the hole on the door latch unit. There is a silver bar hanging down from the door handle and it needs to go into the assembled door latch through a hole but there is a big twist in the bar and I can't figure out how to get the twist into the hole while the whole mechanism is in the door. Am I doing something wrong here?

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,790 Posts
Stop, breath.

Do you have it in the correct upward direction. The convex goes up. I attached a pic because there is also tabs on the cover top and bottom only they are on opposite sides.

Put the bottom in first and with a slight roll towards the rear, the cover should snap on to the panel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,790 Posts
Patience.

How did you work it to get it off? If it came out it will go back in. Think about what you did to disconnect it and work it backward going together.

You could also disconnect the rod at the lock actuator to give you more wiggle with the rod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I unhooked the rod at the door handle and now have the rod in the door mechanism but can't get it up back to the door handle. Obviously I tried putting it back together in reverse order but can't get it. If anyone has a tip let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts