Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'm having a weird problem with my 2005 Subaru outback.I have a constant beeping noise coming from under the steering wheel at all times until i disconnect the battery. Also the door fob and central locks don't work if i disconnect the battery and re connect i can get the doors to lock with the fob but immediately unlock and then stop working all together after a min or so. The constant beeping is driving me mad. I have a video but cant get the correct file type to upload. Thanks any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there an error code showing on the dash? Is the beeping indicative of a passenger with an unclipped seatbelt or door open chime? When else did it make the same noise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,200 Posts
seems like a security system, (aftermarket),...do you have a odd fob with a half dead battery?

that should be stripped right off the car before it stops you from driving it ,....(like leaves you in a parking lot waiting for a cab and a flatbed).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I connected the two single wire white connectors together to try to read the faults but connecting the wires doesnt seem to do anything

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
If it's only offering p--- and c--- then it sounds like you have a manual shift car with no recorded faults. Obviously you still have a problem, it's just not one that the onboard diagnostics are sensitive to.

I'm curious if this is just a bad seat sensor- like the car thinks a passenger isn't wearing a seatbelt when in fact they are, or thinks a passenger is present when in fact the seat is unoccupied.

Put your video on youtube and drop a link here, much easier that way.

Any electrical hijinks? All your lights working? Any aftermarket lamps or accessories?

·
Registered
Outback 2007 3.0Rn 5EAT Wagon.
519 Posts
The two green connectors under the dash aren't connected by any chance?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the car is automatic. i dont think its the seat sensor as i had the belts clipped in. the electrical seems ok everything the car had an aftermarket cd deck and aftermarket backup camera but thats it. heres the youtube link of the beeping and a picture of the box thats beeping is attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Interesting... so when you go into diagnostics mode you never get to the t category? Just p and c?

That makes me think the BIU isn't communicating with the transmission module. I can't tell you if you're up against a loose wire or a bad BIU, but I think I would start looking at the BIU troubleshooting pages in the factory service manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the problem. These two connected were connected. thanks for the help. I wonder why it took so long for the fault to happen as it only started acting up a few days after i bought the car. No more beeping, im happy and the door locks work !

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5 Touring
43 Posts
I found the problem. These two connected were connected. thanks for the help. I wonder why it took so long for the fault to happen as it only started acting up a few days after i bought the car. No more beeping, im happy and the door locks work !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
If you turn the key to accessory the radiator fans engage, they are loud. I am really surprised the OP never noticed. I have gotten into a drive without going out of test mode, but I can not image not noticing those fans at every start up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts