Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 1996 Subaru Legacy wagon that all the power windows suddenly stopped working (thankfully in the closed position). I know that the switch is intermittently failing to get power because the light on the switch is not lit (when the light on the switch are lit, the windows work). After driving around for a day without being able to turn down the windows, I drove the car later at night and noticed that the widows were working again. After turning the car off and turning the ignition in the on position, the windows stoped working again. What could be the problem? Thank you so much for your time and help!

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,184 Posts
Since they are intermittent and it's involving all four windows, you can eliminate the fuse as the issue.

I would suspect the lockout switch on the driver's door has dirty contacts, given the age of the vehicle. Get some electrical contact cleaner and spray it in there while operating the switch; that may eliminate the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since they are intermittent and it's involving all four windows, you can eliminate the fuse as the issue.

I would suspect the lockout switch on the driver's door has dirty contacts, given the age of the vehicle. Get some electrical contact cleaner and spray it in there while operating the switch; that may eliminate the problem.
I will try this and let you know what the results are. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts