Subaru Outback Forums banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited with Moonroof and Navigation
9 Posts
Once you have your first nasty snow day and really get to see what Subaru AWD is all about you'll be able to answer your own question about whether you would do it again or not! :29:
The last I heard they are predicting a cold and snowy winter here on the east coast. I am looking forward to see just how much better the Outback handles the snow compared to the CR-V. We had a deluge of rain the other day and I was extremely happy with how well the Outback handled the standing water on the roads.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
We have a little creek down the road from our house and I needed some cobbles for a fire pit in the back yard. I drove the Outback down to the creek and parked it on a steep gravel hill. The electric parking brake worked great! I then loaded the back up with cobbles (the hard plastic liner in the back worked awesome). Climbing back up the hill was effortless even though there were so many large rocks and loose gravel. The hill holder button was awesome too and I intentionallly stopped pushing the gas midway up the hill to see if it worked. I took the cobbles home and then took out the liner and just sprayed it off. I truly believe our old 2005 CRV would not have made it up the hill!

·
Registered
'18 Accord EX-L 2.0t; Wife's car: '16 3.6r Ltd. w/ Eyesight
855 Posts
I am getting used to the Outback seats. At first I couldn't drive a short distance without my thigh's aching, but after several seat adjustments I am fine with them and may actually grow to like them.
The first thing I noticed on my first test drive of an '11 3.6r was the poor thigh support. I didn't really notice the lack of thigh support on my last two test drives of a '13 2.5i. My GTI has a ton of thigh support - the seat cushion is about 3-5" longer than in an OB.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts