Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I created this profile so i could get some help. With taxes coming up, a friend has asked to me to help her with a motor swap. Seeing how i've done several in the past, and i get the scrap car from it, i agreed. But here's my problem, i've never worked on a Subaru before. She has a 2003 Outback Legacy. I've found a few of the older models in my area and I'm curious as to what motors will fit in this 2003. Will a '96 motor fit? I cannot look at the '03 just yet, as it's in a diff town than mine as is the '96. I'm awaiting another email from someone else who has a similar car but did not post the year of it. If someone could please tell me what motors will and will not fit, that would be a great help! I appreciate any and all comments. thank you!

·
Registered
96 legacy outback wagon 2.5
37 Posts
is it a 2.5? 2.2? also, i am not sure what model years are compatible with other model years, but i figured others who do know, would ask the same question. maybe its a different motor alltogether?

·
Registered
288 Posts
2000-2004 SOHC.
You will have to change the crank and driver cam sprockets from old engine to the donor.
Not sure if you'll have to swap the Intake manifold too.
Am sure someone else will chime in.

O.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts