Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Subaru back from transmission repairs yesterday. Today I get flashing red and blue temperature indicator with solid check engine and flashing cruise and brake lights. Eff me.

I'm going to get it towed to my mechanic, but I must say, I'm tired of this.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,257 Posts
take it back to the trans shop and make sure they reconnected everything

alternating blue/red indicates electrical fault

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Good to know it's not likely something new.

Cheers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I pulled the code this morning...

P0117 - Engine Coolant Temp Circuit Low Input

Looks like it goes back in. Ugh.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention that last night (while I was taking the car off the tow truck) when I started it up, none of the warning lights were illuminated. Like it never happened. And they were still off when I went out to pull the code from the OBD reader this morning.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Limited
945 Posts
P0117 is still just indicative of what @YeuEmMaiMai hinted - loose electrical connections. Check the connectors for the engine coolant temperature sensor. The reason why they might not initially have been off could be that the sensor initially had good connection but if it wasn't attached properly it might now have worked itself loose.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks OBDad. I just dropped it off at my mechanic and he said (pretty much) the exact same thing. He's going to have a look and expects to have it back to me soon.

You guys are good.

Cheers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just put a new battery in. I cleaned the connectors and the ground. It should be ok. But I wonder if the guys that changed the valve body might have simply missed something simple. I hope that's it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to close this off (hopefully) I have my beloved Outback home again and everything seems to be fine.

The shop replaced the 'coolant temperature sensor' and I am told that I'm good to go. Easy peasy.

Thanks for the ideas/input/help. Good to know you are all here in a pinch.

Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts