Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I tool ownership of a red limited with just about every option available. I love it. I drove a crosstrek premium for a few years and i missed the Subaru. I have the push button start, but not remote start. Can anyone tell me if it is partially equipped and I can have it turned on at the dealership? Or do I need a module installed, new fob etc.? Seems odd to me o would get every option and that's the only one left out, leading me to think adding it wolf be quite simple.

Cheers eveeyone and I can't wait to rack up the miles and memories.

·
Registered
2017 OB 2.5 Lim/ 2005 STI 400 WHP
277 Posts
Yesterday I tool ownership of a red limited with just about every option available. I love it. I drove a crosstrek premium for a few years and i missed the Subaru. I have the push button start, but not remote start. Can anyone tell me if it is partially equipped and I can have it turned on at the dealership? Or do I need a module installed, new fob etc.? Seems odd to me o would get every option and that's the only one left out, leading me to think adding it wolf be quite simple.

Cheers eveeyone and I can't wait to rack up the miles and memories.
It's not hard to add for the dealer but it's also not that cheap if I recall correctly it's a few $100

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT, White
39 Posts
As said, it's several hundred dollars. If I'm not mistaken, if you start the engine remotely it stops when you open the door.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Ltd Outback (Tungsten)
835 Posts
Are you sure you really want that? The range is quite limited, so really only useful for starting your car if it is sitting in your driveway or the street outside your house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts