Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a Subaru Outback 2004 which is getting old, had its head gaskets replaced last year. I recently had the hood fly up on the weekend on the freeway and it dented the hood pretty good but no airbags went off. I managed to take back roads and eventually get it home on the back roads but my friend and i(she was following me in her Subaru) stopped at a bird refuge to chill out where I proceeded to stumble and hit my head on the boardwalk over some old chicken wire that was old and poking up. She took me to emergency where I had a Ct scan. I was ok so we went to get my car and I got back to my daughter's house where I was pet sitting. I noticed a big puddle of oil on my daughter's driveway before this event and over the course of a few days. So yesterday I took it in to oil can Henry's where they found my transmission leaking and filled my levels for free. Anyway I'm still going to have my mechanic check my head gaskets as I am still paranoid of oil leaks though my oil levels seem stellar. I need a new windshield. This was my adventure last weekend. I have liked to do work on cars in the past but I'm a nearly 69 year old woman. I do change my own oil.

I saw your information on engine lights on and diagnosed my own problem there, emissions leak. Got that fixed. Wel adventures of owning an old Subaru Outback 2004 that I bought at 185000 miles that had hail damaged. Not concerned about looks of vehicle. My landlord helped me pop out my dented hood with a couple of 2 by 4s but I diagnosed fix. I've owned 3 other Subaru, 2 that made it to 300000 miles. Ready for this one to reach that but it's a bit of a beater now! Runs great.

·
Premium Member
2014 Outback 2.5i 6MT1997 Legacy Brighton 2.2L 5MT
33 Posts
Hi Rosewild, you sound like the genuine article! "Get out there and do it."

If you go to the User CP tab, Your Profile, Edit Your Details -- at the bottom you can enter the model etc of your Subaru so we know what you're driving. It will show up in your signature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts