Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Been lurking the forums for a while now...first time poster. I'm Brett from close to Boone, NC. I installed a hid kit on my outback today. Installation went well. I checked to make sure that they worked before a buttoned everything back up. Well after I verified that they worked I tidied things up...started my car to move back in the garage and the drivers side wasn't working and both high beams were on dimly. The passengers side hid still worked. I had disabled the drl when I got the car. Why would they work fine with turning the key to acc? But then I start the car one of them quits working? Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
No experience with aftermarket HIDs, but it might help if you post more details:

How did you disable the DRLs?

How did you connect the HIDs? New wire? New relay?

Have you measured voltage at the ballast with the key at ACC vs. while engine is running?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hid

I unplugged the plug under the drivers side dash.

No relay. Used the supplied wiring terminals to use the factory h7 plugs to power the ballasts.

No I haven't measured anything yet. My wife called me in for supper. So I just unhooked the hids and reinstalled the factory bulbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts