Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 outback. 3.6 R. Ice silver
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering if the stock projectors can take HID without any retrofit. And would it be too expensive for have Subaru instill their HID system?

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i
112 Posts
Hey i was wondering if the stock projectors can take HID without any retrofit. And would it be too expensive for have Subaru instill their HID system?
I got the kit from the retrofit source. I did only the H7 kit only not the
whole retrofit.

You will need to aim the lamps down a bit since at OEM settings HIDs are
too bright, but its not hard to adjust yet it will take you some time and effort
plus trial and error to find your best setting.

·
Registered
2012 4LT Centennial Edition Grand Sport Corvette convertible
496 Posts
Mine are going in this weekend. 35W for the lows, 55W for the fogs (probably overkill). They will be installed with a relay harness.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
186 Posts
How does the Morimoto kit do with vibration? My wife and I live in the sticks... it's five miles of intermittently washboarded gravel before I get to the paved highway on my commute to work.

·
Registered
2012 4LT Centennial Edition Grand Sport Corvette convertible
496 Posts
The HIDs are in. I chose to take the inner fender liner out all of the way, and to remove the wheels also. The worst part was trying to get the low beam bulbs in place and get the wire harness hooked up with the dust cover in the way. I really needed more wire between the grommet and the bulb. I'll be interested to see how well they light up the road.

·
Registered
'13 OB, Black, SAP
271 Posts
The Morimotos do very well, no issues with anything from the retro fit source. in addition if anything goes wrong they have a decent warranty.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I've got a set of Morimoto MH1's in my Accord, and have been installed for about the last year and a half. No issues whatsoever. Great product and excellent customer service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the kit from the retrofit source. I did only the H7 kit only not the
whole retrofit.

You will need to aim the lamps down a bit since at OEM settings HIDs are
too bright, but its not hard to adjust yet it will take you some time and effort
plus trial and error to find your best setting.
how did you aim the lamps down?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts