Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R Limtied
113 Posts
Hi DM3415,

Did you ever get a chance to take a picture of you HID's beam on the 2010 outback? I would like to see how HID lights worked on an non-HID projector.

Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does your high beams still work?

Are the high beams a separate bulb on the outback?

Sorry for asking an question for something that should be obvious, but I haven't picked up my 2010 outback yet. Installing HID's would be the first thing I do, HIDs should have came with the car!!! what was subaru thinking....:confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think all HID units will need drilling on the cover. It is the only way to feed the wire and harness through.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just Installed my HID

Thanks for the write up DM3415. It worked well.

I used most of the instructions provided by DM3415. The only thing I did different was the drill bit size, I used an 7/8 bit for the kit I bought. I guess my plugs where smaller.

I used the 6000k Volt HID kit. (purchased from xenonexpert.com)

Here are my installation pictures. I will try to get more night shots tonight!

http://picasaweb.google.com/kingluke/2010OutbackHIDInstall#

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've owned an 2006 FX35 and 2008 535i both with HID's. Comparing my 2010 Outback HID upgrade with my other cars, I must say that it is matched closely with my other cars. The 2010 has the same excellent cut off line and the light source doesn't bounce everywhere. The light is evenly dispersed.

I have also tried HID's on my previous car, a 2002 Subaru WRX. That HID experiment ended quickly. I removed the bulbs off the car right away since the light source was not even and for sure would have blinded on coming traffic. I was flickered with high beams many times on the test run.

The 2010 outback lights are designed differently in my opinion. Even with stock halogen bulbs there is a cut off line on the light - unlike most halogen lamps. Just my two cents...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.