Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Excellent write-up and photos. I've been following similar installations on the LegacyGT board, and while install is a bit involved, the results appear to be quite good with OE level of finish and functionality.

While its about 3x the price, did you consider the Philips kit? I really like the idea of Philips quality - after all they brought xenon to the automotive market and supply the majority of OE installations.

For those wanting to see photos in the near term - head over to the Legacy board, and you can see several threads with the same success.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The more I research, I'm definitely going with the Philips 4300k kit. Due to the effort of the install and the fact that the lights are a critical safety component, I'd rather go with THE name in lighting than try to save a little money only to have lesser quality components fail at a critical time.

I also like the idea of replacing the DRL/Highbeams with the 4000k halogens to match the HID lows. Also from Xenon Expert.

I'm still on order. So, these are are just preliminary plans, but as my last several vehicles have had HID lights, I don't like the idea of having to go back "into the dark". They truly are so much better, and the projectors on the Outback are actually made for them (offered in other markets), which is why it's a bit odd that they're not available even as an option for the US market.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.