Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
I was thinking of upgrading my low bends but after reading a lot of old posts about led/hid ( bad down the road light, vs heat and possible overheating the headlight assembly has me sick.)

I was then going down the road of mounting a deer catcher with Hella or PIAA lights most $$$.

anyone try putco or GTR lights? Not sure about the cheaper ones on amazon.

tbanks

·
Registered
2018 Outback, 3.6R Touring
31 Posts
Tippet5x-
I haven't changed my lights on my Outback since it came with the factory LED. But my experience with helping my friends with their cars, anything from Buicks to Toyotas, is that the HID lights seem to produce a better result with the light on the road. I haven't had an LED conversion workout, but that could be from using cheap lights. Meanwhile less than 100 bucks gets you a decent HID kit, and its probably even cheaper from when I last looked at them.

When I was changing to HID on my Saab years and years ago I asked an installer about the temperature of the bulbs compared to halogen because I had the same concern about damage to the reflector. This guy told me that the HID lights operate cooler so I shouldn't have any problems. I will say that I drove that Saab at night from KC to Dallas often, and I never had any problems while they ran for hours.

I hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts